The Area Coordinator in Dnipro, Ukraine will Support the coordination of all ERC’s projects and overall humanitarian response in east of Ukraine in close communication with the Country Director based in Kyiv.
The Area Coordinator is responsible for general leadership and managing the field office in Dnipro, including coordination, HR management, ensuring security and safety of staff members, and ensuring effective communication and information flow between the field office and Country office.
- Ensure strict compliance of programme activities with ERC’s national and global policies and procedures and with relevant donor regulations and agreements, Sphere and other relevant standards, and the ERC’s Code of Conduct.
- Participate in the development process of project proposals: humanitarian, early recovery and development donors if needed.
- Support the CD in further strengthening the operational capacity of field offices.
- Develop support functions, and ensure appropriate systems are in place to adequately support programmes implementation in all aspects.
- Support recruitment of national staff according to programme and strategic needs, carry out induction and performance appraisals of national staff in line with field office priorities.
- Ensure optimal safety and security management procedures and practices are in place for the emergency response programme and continually monitor the safety and security situation.
- Take initiative in documenting lessons learnt, good practice and case studies to shape strategies and programme approaches, and contribute to broader sector learning.
- Provide input to CD and relevant programme teams in developing ERC’s national and global strategies.
- Ensure effective communication and information flow between the Country office and field office in Dnipro.
- Produce high quality and timely sitreps/reports (where necessary) for the HQ and donors and within agreed reporting schedules as required.
- Ensure strong accountability to beneficiaries in cooperation with the M&E team.
Representation, coordination and advocacy tasks:
- Represent ERC at the regional coordination forums, to donors, the media and members of the humanitarian community.
- Coordinate and communicate closely with other humanitarian actors and sub-national coordination mechanisms (in particular CWG, FSL cluster, and SNFI cluster) to ensure harmonized response.
- Help shape broader sector strategies and advocacy priorities through active participation in coordination mechanisms and task teams, ensuring the specific needs of ERC’s target groups are being addressed.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in a relevant field (management, business administration, or similar) or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous field experience in a humanitarian (I)NGO.
- Minimum of 1 year of previous experience in a managerial position.
- High-level language skills in English; language skills of local languages (Ukrainian and/or Russian) are an asset.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations and environments.
- Ability to create and maintain a productive and safe working environment in line with ERC Code of Conduct and Internal Regulations.
- Innovative Projects: Join us in working on cutting-edge humanitarian assistant projects.
- Career Advancement: We believe in promoting from within. Exceptional performance and dedication are recognized and rewarded.
- Competitive Salary: We offer a competitive salary. We believe in compensating our employees fairly for their hard work and dedication.
- Collaborative and Inclusive Culture: We foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment where every team member is valued.
- Good benefits: cozy office in Kyiv center, 28 vacation days, sports compensation, health insurance.