Estonian Refugee Council (ERC) carries out humanitarian assistance programmes in different countries which are affected by humanitarian crises. ERC uses different humanitarian assistance modalities in order to offer aid to affected populations.
Humanitarian Assistance Officer is preferably based in Estonia (Tallinn or Tartu) and will work closely with ERC’s senior management. They will participate in the development of ERC’s humanitarian assistance programme, and should be informed of funding opportunities in the humanitarian or development sector. They will participate in planning, coordination and implementation of the humanitarian assistance programme. Humanitarian Assistance Officer will develop and maintain partnerships relevant to the programme. They will work in close collaboration with national authorities, humanitarian agencies, national partners, and other civil society organizations to provide humanitarian assistance to crisis affected populations.
- Participate in setting and implementing strategic directions for ERC’s humanitarian assistance programme.
- Lead or participate in the development of project proposals relevant to the programme.
- Lead or participate in the development of and in the regular updating of the SOPs and action plans of the programme.
- Manage projects that are part of ERC’s humanitarian assistance programme, communicate with relevant donors, and ensure that narrative and financial reports are submitted on time.
- Higher education degree in a relevant field or equivalent working experience.
- Prior experience with the humanitarian assistance sector is an asset.
- High-level language skills in English and Estonian; relevant language skills in ERC target countries (such as Ukrainian, Russian, and Arabic) are an asset.
- Good knowledge of international funding opportunities in the humanitarian or development sector.
- Excellent knowledge of project management cycle and experience with leading international projects.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations and environments.
- You are independent, proactive and flexible, solution-oriented and conscientious, with excellent interpersonal skills for working in a multicultural team environment.
- An opportunity for self-realisation in an internationally recognised humanitarian organisation.
- Value-based and meaningful full-time work with a competitive salary.
- Awesome and professional team with whom to change the world.
- Pleasant working environment in Tallinn and Tartu, but also the opportunity to work remotely and flexibly.