The Estonian Refugee Council (ERC) is actively engaged in humanitarian assistance programming across various countries affected by crises or displacement. Utilizing diverse modalities, ERC strives to restore and enhance the independent and sustainable livelihoods of affected populations, providing assistance with accommodation, cash or food security.
The Programme Officer is responsible for managing ERC’s programmes carried out in Armenia. The post-holder works to further develop ERC’s humanitarian assistance and livelihood programming, participates in or leads the development of project proposals relevant to the programme, oversees or leads the implementation of the livelihoods and humanitarian assistance programming activities, helps to develop monitoring and evaluation plans relevant to the programme activities, and develops new and maintains existing partnerships relevant to the programme.
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Contract Type: Fixed-term (1 year), extension possible
NB! How to Apply? Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and salary expectations through our HR platform by 17.12.2023.
Estonian Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
Programme Development and Management:
- Implement strategic directions for livelihoods and humanitarian assistance programmes in collaboration with the country office team and ERC's global management.
- Lead or participate in the development and regular updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and action plans for the programme in collaboration with the programme team and technical specialists.
- Lead or participate in the development of project proposals aligned with ERC's strategic objectives and programme modalities.
- Manage projects under the programme, liaise with donors, and ensure timely submission of narrative and financial reports.
Partnership Development and Networking:
- Cultivate relations with potential donors, civil society organizations, business actors, and international networks relevant to the programme.
- Oversee and maintain records of programme activities across different projects.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop and maintain suitable systems and tools for managing, collecting, and securely storing beneficiary information and other data related to programme implementation.
- Contribute to the development of monitoring and evaluation methods and plans in cooperation with the M&E team.
Communication and Representation:
- Collaborate closely with the communication team to ensure effective internal and external communication of programme activities.
- Represent ERC at relevant working groups, meetings, conferences, and public events in Armenia.
- Higher education degree in a relevant field (project management, business administration, international disaster management, etc.) and 3 years of equivalent working experience.
- High-level language skills in English and Armenian; knowledge of languages spoken in countries where ERC operates (such as Ukrainian, Russian, Arabic) is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively in multicultural settings, provide and receive constructive feedback, and meet deadlines effectively.
- Ability to navigate stressful situations and environments.
- Adherence to ERC’s Code of Conduct and other internal policies.
- Innovative Projects: Join us in working on cutting-edge humanitarian assistant projects.
- Career Advancement: We believe in promoting from within. Exceptional performance and dedication are recognized and rewarded.
- Competitive Salary: We offer a competitive salary. We believe in compensating our employees fairly for their hard work and dedication.
- Collaborative and Inclusive Culture: We foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment where every team member is valued.